Marble is timeless and marble coffee tables are now trending quicker than ever! The transition back to natural stone, organic textural warm products in people’s homes are some of the many reasons people are crazy about marble. Marble coffee tables epitomize sophistication, the height of luxury and bring a simple elegance to your living room décor.
In this blog, I will introduce the top 8 marble table styles and provide practical tips to help you make the right choice when finding your perfect marble coffee table.
Table Sizes and Handy Measurement Tips
- Coffee Table Length: as a rule, your coffee table should be approximately two-thirds of the length of the sofa
- Coffee Table Height: Aim for a table height which is slightly lower than the sofa seat cushion (up to 3 inches lower).
- Coffee Table Leg Room: Aim to allow 12 to 18 inches from the sofa to the coffee table for ease of reaching your cup and providing comfortable leg room.
Coffee Table Shapes
Having calculated the size your marble coffee table needs to be, the next consideration is the shape of the table.
Square shaped coffee tables work well in a traditional sofa and chairs arrangement, in a L shaped living room or large room as a center focal point of your chat with friend’s zone.
A rectangular table works well with longer traditional sofa’s and can provide a larger practical space for storage and drinks.
Round, circular shaped coffee tables work well with curved or rounded seating and in larger rooms. It has smooth curved edges, so great with younger kids.
The oval table combines the benefits of the round and rectangular shapes, the tapered ends can be a help in smaller spaces. Just like the round shaped tables it has no sharp edges or corners.
Coffee Table Base Materials
There are several different materials to consider in addition to the style and finish. The most popular materials that blend with the marble top coffee table are:
- Glass / Mirrored: In small spaces they give an aesthetic of making the room appear lighter
- Metal: These bases can bring reflective light and glamour to your room
- Wood: Can bring a family relaxed feel to your room
Top 8 Elegant Marble Coffee Table Ideas
1. Oval White Marble and Gold Metal Coffee Table
The Madison Park Signature Bordeaux Coffee Table adds character and a classical contemporary look to any room. This center living room coffee table is flaunting a high-class look, blending a white marble tabletop with beautifully coordinating gold metal legs.
2. Round White Marble and Silver Metal Coffee Table
The Madison Park Reese Coffee Table blends a round marble tabletop, in rich cream hues, for a chic transitional look. The elegant marble tabletop is beautifully coordinated with sturdy silver metal legs.
3. Square White Marble and Bronze Metal Coffee Table
The Butler Holland Marble Coffee Table is an inspired elegant modern design that will certainly make a statement to your decor. Serve drinks on this quaint cocktail table. Perfect for the living room, den, or office.
4. Round Black Marble and Satin Brass Legs Coffee Table
Add an alluring and focal attraction to your living room with this cocktail table. With its lux, polished black Sahara Noir marble top and satin brass legs the Rita Cocktail Table embodies a sophisticated chic style.
5. Rectangular White Marble Iron Rose Gold Finish Coffee Table
The Butler Copperfield Marble Coffee Table transforms your living room with its sophisticated traditional style. Forged from iron, its rose gold finished base beautifully complements a white marble top.
6. Oval White Marble with a Black Frame Coffee Table
The Madison Park Marbury Coffee Table adds character and a classical contemporary, or a subtle mid-century statement look to any room. This center living room coffee table is flaunting a high-class look, blending a white marble tabletop rest on swooping graceful metal frames finished in matte black.
7. Round White Marble with a Carved Wood Base Coffee Table
The Butler Danielle Round Marble Coffee Table with an alluring fresh take on a vintage style. It is exquisitely topped with white Melati marble and sturdily supported by a hand carved Wood pedestal base.
8. Round White Marble with Gold Finished Iron Base Coffee Table
The Butler Specialty Triton Round Marble Coffee Table is showcasing a gold finished iron base, sleek white marble top and an eye-catching design.
Caring For Your Marble Table
Caring for your marble coffee table is a straightforward and simple task. White marble top when cared for is extremely durable and may outlast all other pieces of furniture in your home! Here are a few pointers to keep your table looking it’s best:
- Remove dust with a dry cloth and clean regularly
- Always use coasters for hot and cold drinks, cups, and glasses
- Use a stone cleaner weekly to prevent the marble shine from fading
Have fun choosing your perfect marble coffee table and go with the style and finish that you like; it is your home and your décor. Remember the tips for table size and shape considerations when making your choice. Coffee tables will add class, style and beauty to your home and are resistant and long lasting when cared for properly. If you found this blog interesting or helpful to get started, then please share it on social media and with your friends and family.